Every year we spend more time watching videos on our mobile devices. In the United States, people spent 42 minutes a day viewing digital video on their mobile device last year, compared to 23 minutes on their computers. Also, according to Wyzowl’s research, people spend average of 16 hours per week watching videos online. As we enter a new era where the video is central to mobile content consumption, more and more mobile apps are looking for ways not only to seamlessly incorporate video into their apps but also to enhance the video experience they present their users.
That’s why we developed interactive shoppable videos, a new feature for streaming recorded videos inside your stories. What makes it special is that you can use different interactive components on different sections of your video. It will enable you to create engaging and participatory mobile video experiences where users directly interact with your content.
Capabilities of Interactive Shoppable Videos
There is no doubt about the power of video. According to a 2018 survey, 85% of millennials in the US buy a product or service after watching a video. The dynamism that video content form inherently owns makes it more effective than the combination of static images with texts. Also, users can enjoy full-screen mobile content with videos. Immersiveness elevates the experience and removes any elements of distraction.
On the other hand, adding video functionality without worrying about technical difficulties is a challenge. So, if you wonder how to make a video in mobile without compromising the seamless journey in your app, here are the capabilities of the interactive shoppable videos by Storyly:
High-quality streaming: It goes without saying that shoppable videos by Storyly work in line with a mobile-first content strategy. We use dedicated CDNs so you won’t be worrying about managing scalability and performance for your videos. Your users will enjoy your videos seamlessly.
Multiple interactions at different sections: Do you wonder how to make a video interactive? In-app stories by Storyly come with a sea of interactive components such as polls, quizzes, emoji bars, swipe-ups, product tags, etc. You can add these elements to your videos as well. Imagine asking your users about their opinions on a product or topic at a relevant part of the video. This is good both for increasing user engagement and collecting user feedback.
Shoppable content: Interactives are not only for increasing user engagement. You’ll also be able to direct your users to buy the products or services on your video with a call-to-actions. This interactive and participatory nature of your videos will greatly enhance the experience of your users. Also, they will help you increase in-app purchases.
Short- or long-form videos: We designed interactive shoppable video to enable you to deliver easily consumable and engaging videos. So, you can either add short or long-form content in mobile video depending on the experience that you want to create. It is possible to add videos from 2 minutes to 30 minutes in length.
Storyly Creator App: Do you wonder how to make a video in mobile? For simplifying the creation and uploading process of your videos, we now have the Storyly Creator App. You can invite your influencers and/or partners to the app as broadcasters and let them share the video they created with you. Uploaded videos appear on your dashboard.
Deep Linking: Just like your stories, interactive shoppable videos have their own deep links as well. So, you can easily embed your videos on any related screens and let your users open them from anywhere.
How Can You Benefit From Interactive Video Stories?
There are many use cases for different verticals. Here are a few examples:
- If you own a shopping app, you can create discovery-driven experiences in your user’s shopping journeys. You can gather your users’ attention at the discovery level with interactive and shoppable videos.
- You can have influencers on your mobile video story, trying new products while interacting with users with polls and sliders. Video shopping is a rising trend. Why not benefit from it by every means?
- You can utilize shoppable videos for exclusive collections with limited editions to convert users.
- Product testing or description videos on related product pages that will boost conversions. This will help you improve shopping journey in your app.
- Content apps can create appealing video content, ask users’ opinions and gather instant feedback. Also, interactive videos can be great for publishing teasers for the upcoming content.
- An interactive trivia experience with quiz components to drive greater engagement inside your app.
- For recipe apps, it’s a great place to show accelerated recipes. In addition to sharing the details and tricks in cooking, you can also advertise some kitchen equipment and motivate users to purchase with CTAs. Isn’t it the whole point of making a video shippable, in the end?
- You can build your monetization strategies on interactive videos as well with links outside of your app.
- At Storyly, we have many lifestyle apps as clients, building their communities via stories. Likewise, interactive videos will support you in engaging your community.
- Short-form tutorials with feedback interactions for DIY platforms.
How Does It Work?
Just like how you create a new story group, you can also create an interactive shoppable video on the dashboard. If you are going to use the Storyly Creator App, you first need to invite a broadcaster to the app. Once the broadcaster shares the video with you, you will have it on your dashboard.
Then you can start editing it and building your interactive shoppable video content experience in Storyly Studio.
Once you publish your video, it is going to appear with a camera icon indicating that it’s a different format than your stories. When your users tap on the cover, they are going to experience mobile-native and interactive video content. We added video-first gestures that are different from stories for a smooth viewing experience. The seek bar includes the sections where there are interactions so that your users will be an active part of your video.
The future belongs to great video storytellers. At Storyly, we aim to provide our customers video-centric capabilities so that they can engage and retain their users with seamless mobile-native experiences. There are countless use cases for interactive shoppable videos and it’s just the beginning for apps from many different verticals.
Interactive video is already available for our enterprise plan customers. However, if you are not in the enterprise plan and still want to see the true potential of shoppable videos in your app, please contact your customer success manager. We’d be happy to tell you more about it and enable you to create great video experiences for your users.