Welcome to Storyly. Storyly / SDK (“We;Us;Our”) a product of App Samurai Inc, is a content management tool providing story-typed content in mobile apps and allowing to monetize the stories as advertisement inventories.
Call us at: +1 415-944-1409 or email@example.com
Or write to us: 845 Market Street, Suite 450. San Francisco, CA 94103
Information We Collect
We collect certain information and data about you when you use Storyly. We may use the information collected on the tool to evaluate users’ interests and behavior on a pseudonymous, no-name basis in order to be able to deliver tailored content.
- questions, queries or feedback you leave, including your email address if you send an email to us
- information you provide to us when you use our website storyly.io and dashboard dashboard.storyly.io
- your IP address, and details of which version of web browser you used
- information on how you use the site, using cookies (cookies are packets of information sent to your web browser and then sent back by the browser each time it accesses the server that sent the cookie). Storyly uses Session Cookies for legitimate purposes, such as facilitation of the use of the Site and its features and tools. You may manage your cookies preferences through the setting of your browser.
- information that you provide us by using the website and dashboard of our tool, communicating with us through the chat window or “contact us” forms and “demo scheduling” forms or subscribing to our newsletter. This includes contact details such as name, email address and similar.
- If you want to use Storyly, you may submit your credit card information. This record is kept by third-party payment processor (Stripe Inc.).
- If you contact us for demo, customer or technical support, we may keep a record of that correspondence or conversation.
- Information we receive from third-party search engines such as Google relating to your search queries that brought you to our site.
- Details of your visits to our site including, but not limited to, traffic data, location data, weblogs and other communication data and the resources that you access.
Use of Personal Information
We may use Personal Information only for the following purposes:
- to monitor, further develop, and improve the Services
- to provide Services and perform tasks you request
- to manage payments
- to communicate with you about your interest in use of our Services.
- to administer your account and communicate with you about your comments and inquiries.
- to provide and administer our community of users (blogs, help forums on website etc.)
- to enforce compliance with our TCU, agreements and applicable law.
- to protect the rights and safety of our Customers and third parties, as well as our own.
- to produce training data derived from Service Information for research, development, and business analysis purposes
- to link your Storyly account to third-party accounts such as Google, GitHub, or Facebook
- If you have explicitly permitted us to do so, we may contact you to promote the use of our services to you. For example, if you leave your email address when you visit our Website and give us consent to do so we may send you an email inviting you to visit again. If you use any of our Services and you have given us consent to do so we may send you an email about our other/new services as well. You can stop receiving our promotional emails by following the unsubscribe instructions included in every email we send and our website or by sending us an opt-out request to
Public Information and Third-Party websites
(a) Blog. We may have public blogs on our website. Any information you include in a comment on our blog may be read, collected, and used by anyone. If your personal data appears on our blogs and you want it removed, contact us through firstname.lastname@example.org. If we are unable to remove your information, we will tell you why.
(b) Social media platforms and widgets. Our websites may include social media features, such as the Facebook Share button. If you have enabled cookies for storyly.io we may collect information about your IP address and which page you are visiting on our Website, and they may set a cookie to make sure the feature functions properly. Social media features and widgets are either hosted by a third party or hosted directly on our Website. We also maintain presences on social media platforms including Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram. Any information, communications, or materials you submit to us via a social media platform is done at your own risk without any expectation of privacy. We cannot control the actions of other users of these platforms or the actions of the platforms themselves. Your interactions with those features and platforms are governed by the privacy policies of the companies that provide them.
Third Party’s Services
Contest and Sweepstakes
We may, from time to time, offer surveys, contests, sweepstakes, or other promotions on our SDK or website or through social media (collectively “Our Promotions”). Participation in our Promotions is completely voluntary and in order to participate, you may need to provide personal contact information such as your name, phone number, email address, username, and similar details. We use the information you provide to administer Our Promotions. If you have explicitly permitted us to do so, we may use the information provided to communicate with you, or other people you select, about our Services.
Safeguarding Your Information
We have procedures and security features in place to try and keep your data secure once we receive it.
We take reasonable and appropriate measures to protect Personal Information from loss, misuse and unauthorized access, disclosure, alteration and destruction, taking into account the risks involved in the processing and the nature of the Personal Information. We won’t share your information with any other organizations for marketing, market research or commercial purposes, and we don’t pass on your details to other websites and online platforms.
Storyly accounts require mail address and password to log in. You must keep your username and password secure. You must prevent unauthorized access to your account and Personal Information by selecting and protecting your password and/or other sign-on mechanism appropriately and limiting access to your computer or device and browser by signing off after you have finished accessing your account. We endeavor to protect the privacy of your account and other Personal Information we hold in our records, but unfortunately, we cannot guarantee complete security. Unauthorized entry or use, hardware or software failure, and other factors, may compromise the security of user information at any time. Any data you transmit is at your own risk.
We operate in the United States and Europe
Our servers are located in Europe, so your information may be transferred to, stored, or processed in Europe. While the data protection, privacy, and other laws of the EU might not be as comprehensive as those in your country, we take many steps to protect your privacy. By using our Websites, you understand and consent to the collection, storage, processing, and transfer of your information to our facilities in the EU and those third parties with whom we share it as described in this policy.
If you are a resident in a jurisdiction where a transfer of your personal information to another jurisdiction requires your consent, then you hereby provide us your express and unambiguous consent to such transfer or by using the Site you hereby provide your express consent to such transfer (as applicable).
Your California Civil and Data Protection Rights
Under California Civil Code Sections 1798.83-1798.84, California residents are entitled to ask us for a notice identifying the categories of Personal Information which we share with our affiliates and/or third parties for marketing purposes, and providing contact information for such affiliates and/or third parties. If you are a California resident and would like a copy of this notice, please submit a written request to email@example.com
Starting January 1, 2020, the California Consumer Privacy Act (CCPA) provides additional privacy protections for California data subjects and users, including: a) the right to see what data we have about you, your computer or device (i.e., the right to know), b) the right to delete the data we have about you, your computer or device (i.e., the right to delete) and c) the right to opt-out of the sale of data about you, your computer or device to certain third parties (i.e., the right to opt-out from sales of your information). We do not discriminate against you if you exercise any of the above rights. Moreover, we may not be able to honor a right if doing so would violate applicable law.
Your Rights as an individual in EEA (European Economic Area)
Storyly processes data as a controller (as such terms are defined in the GDPR). As a controller, Storyly is committed to fulfilling data subjects’ (‘Users’) GDPR rights.
As an EEA resident, you may:
- Access the data that Storyly keeps about you. Stroyly may need to ask you to provide us with certain credentials to make sure that you are who you claim you are. If you find that the data is not accurate, complete or updated, then you may provide us with the necessary information to rectify it.
- Contact us if you want to withdraw your consent to the processing of your personal information. Exercising this right will not affect the lawfulness of processing based on consent before its withdrawal.
- Request to delete or restrict access to your personal information. Storyly may postpone or deny your request if your personal information is in current use for providing the Services or due to other legitimate purposes, such as compliance with regulatory requirements associated with Storyly.
If you exercise one (or more) of the above-mentioned rights, in accordance with the provisions of applicable law, you may request to be informed that third parties that hold your personal information, in accordance with this Policy, will act accordingly.
- You may ask to transfer your personal information in accordance with your right to data portability.
- You may object to the processing of your personal information for direct marketing purposes.
- You have the right not to be subject to a decision based solely on automated processing, including profiling, which produces legal effects concerning you or similarly significantly affecting you.
- You have a right to lodge a complaint with a data protection supervisory authority.
We do periodical assessments of its data processing and privacy practices, to make sure that Storyly complies with this policy, to update the policy when needed, and to verify that the policy is displayed properly and accessible.
If you have any concerns about the way we process your personal information, you are welcome to contact Storyly’s data protection officer at firstname.lastname@example.org, or write to us at 845 Market Street, Suite 450, San Francisco, CA 94103, United States of America. We will look into your enquiry and make good-faith efforts to resolve any existing or potential dispute with you. If you remain unhappy with the response you received, you can also refer the matter to the data protection authorities in your region.
The Accuracy of Data, Transparency, and Choice
We do our best to keep your data accurate and up to date, to the extent that you provide us with the information we need to do so. If your data changes (for example, if you have a new email address), then you are responsible for notifying us of those changes. Upon request, we will provide you with information about whether we hold, or process on behalf of a third party, any of your Personal Information.
We will retain your information for as long as your account is active or as long as needed to provide you with our Services. We may also retain and use your information in order to comply with our legal obligations, resolve disputes, prevent abuse, and enforce our Agreements.
Data Retention, Access & Deletion of Personal Information
We store and retain your personal information for as long as you use our services or remain subscribed to Storyly newsletter or blog. After this time how long we keep the information, we collect about you depends on the type of information as described in further detail below. After such time, we will either delete or anonymize your information or, if this is not possible, then we will securely store your information and isolate it from any further use until deletion is possible.
We retain Personal Information that you provide to us where we have an ongoing legitimate business need to do so (for example, as long as is required in order to contact you about your account or our other services, or as needed to comply with our legal obligations, resolve disputes and enforce our agreements). When we have no ongoing legitimate business need to process your Personal Information, we securely delete the information or anonymize it or, if this is not possible, then we will securely store your Personal Information and isolate it from any further processing until deletion is possible. We will delete this information from the servers at an earlier date if you so request.
We retain information derived from cookies and other tracking technologies for a reasonable period of time from the date such information was created.
In any case, as long as Storyly uses your personal information to provide the Services, we will retain the personal information about you, unless we are required by law to delete it, or if we accept your request to delete the information, pursuant to applicable laws, or if we decide to remove it at its discretion.
Updated on Mach 25,2020